Sooo... Let me just say - these past couple days have felt sooooo insane yet I managed to keep most things in order- most. I have neglected my gym kick but I am back on track and scheduled for some Hip Hop aerobics tonight, haha. I have my very first exam a week from today so I must start preparing for that, Microbiology. I have my first lab practicums in Microbiology Wednesday and Thursday - nervous but the lab TV loves me for some reason so not too concerned. I have to finish my lab results and discussions for O Chem Lab and then continue onto my next pre lab questions and studying for Monday. I must write my report for my cardiovascular lab for Biology which I'm hearing is not that intense so I'm hoping to get that started and finished tonight while on duty. BioChem... well that is in the same category as Physics... may be a lost cause but I'm going to do my best to get caught up (as much I can) in BioChem and hope that I understand 25% of it (realistic goals here). And Physics - well I am hoping to try to do a lot of the homework on my own before I get help Sunday night and I must do the recitation since my group is worse than me at Physics and my TA is about as helpful as a rock (well a rock could work as a paperweight...so... I don't know about that).
Besides school...life. Well there is a big one. Like mentioned previously I have not been working out as much as my body needs so I need to get started on that. I am still working in a negative correlation; however, it is more of a tiny little plateau in the negative direction and I'm ready for some large declines. So working out more is a must. Food.. there is another one. However, after an "experience" I had yesterday, things may turn around on their own. Family is great. Friends are MORE than great like ALWAYS. I am venturing to Filth-phadelphia next Friday (sorry Kimmy, I love Philly when you are in it though!) for KIMMY's 21ST BIRTHDAY. I am sooooo excited to see her and Tone. THEN Valentine's weekend they are visiting me here. So I must take advantage of this last weekend of study time and then make the best out of my time management for the next two weeks so I can really enjoy myself the next couple weekends. Okay so my experience...
Yesterday I was just calmly sitting in my room and getting some work taken care of when I just turn on our movie channel. A documentary type movie was on so I just left it on while I finished up my work. Next thing I know I am literally gasping at the television when I see the brutal murder of dolphins in this cove in Taiji, Japan. It is called "The Cove" and it basically was a co-op mission to film this footage that has been unseen for years. It is horribly tragic, and I want it to stop. And now I am having trouble eating things that I know can bleed. It sounds stupid - especially from a science student like me- but I never thought about dolphins bleeding such a rich red color like humans. When you see all of the blood and the dolphins suffering that will eventually be sold as food (disguised as rare whale meat) - it changes your food decisions. So for now, I think I'm going to stray from eating things that bleed. -- Check out the link
So now I am just going to do all of the previously mentioned tasks, go to the gym more, anticipate next weekend, study for my test, and not eat things that bled when killed for food.
Until next time --
Listening to "Faith" by George Michael
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment