So... another one of those happy days. Although it was a bit too cold for me to be super happy walked all over campus - still great.
It started with some lectures. It is official that today is the day that I finally understood what he was talking about in Physics. He is hilarious and made a joke and people didn't laugh as much as he wanted us to so I thought I would share with the blog world. Okay, so we are studying circuits now in Physics - dc circuits to be exact. Anyway, today we were talking about how batteries work in a circuit and he wanted to show us a demo. He held up a lemon and asked if we had seen this before. I have not, so I was one of the many to raise my hand. The lemon had two strips of metal sticking out of it (one zinc, one copper)... anyway, he hooks it up and completes the circuit and it reveals that it actually carries a charge like a battery. He then tried to hook up the lemon to the fan to see if it would power the fan to spin like the actual batter had - it didn't. This is when he made his joke and said in his cute asian accent "Oh this did not work, must be a lemon!" Haha... I loved it.
After that, I went back. This is went I indulged in some meat for the first time in about a month. I was craving it and I am not one to deprive myself (except for bagels - still going strong btw). So I did but I also decided that I am going to do a one day a week vegetarian day to still feel like I am making a difference. I had my lunch then my one-on-one with my boss. THEN the big moment happened...
My awkward lunch 'date' with my old Greek professor. Haha, it went well... we got my recommendation all squared away for Greece and everything is looking on track.
After that I met with my Chem TA to discuss some things for lab, then off to edit some video for the year book (stupid), back for some dinner, fell upon a speech by this man Geary Jones who was convicted of drug smuggling and served time in a federal penitentiary. Very interesting and inspiring - I am a sucker for hearing life stories, always something to gain I believe. After that came back found out I did above average on my Micro test yesterday, grabbed a late night snack and now I am fulfilling my blogging duties and telling all what I did today.
Tomorrow should be a nice, smooth day with LOTS of work to get done. Saturday - practice MCATS - oh man, haha. Saturday night State Pattys Day parties. Sunday church and review session. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday lots of work then SPRING BREAK ON FRIDAY :-)
Yay! Love Love Love --
Listening to "Where I Stood" by Missy Higgins
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment